Parrot Asteroid SMART bluetooth car kit.
Connect to what you love no matter where you are with the Parrot Asteroid Smart. This innovative multimedia system installs easily into your car's dashboard, bringing navigation, downloadable applications, and Bluetooth hands-free technology to your fingertips. Enjoy music, watch videos from external cameras, queue up voice recognition, connect to WiFi, and download driving assistance all from the road.
Just like your tablet or smartphone, the Asteroid Smart is your portal for applications, Internet, music, movies, and more
Download Apps From the Asteroid Market
When you purchase your Parrot Asteroid Smart, you'll gain free access to the Asteroid Market, where you can scroll through multitudes of both free and paid applications. Download music, movies, games, driver's assistance apps and more directly to your Asteroid device, or download on your computer and transfer to your Asteroid with an SD card.
Connect to the Internet
Asteroid products feature three ways you can connect to the Internet.
Using a 3G/4G USB stick purchased from a Telecom carrier
Using a smartphone as a modem and USB tethering, Bluetooth tethering, or Wi-Fi tethering to access the Internet
Using a Wi-Fi hotspot located in your home or public areas
Movies and Video
Video options include displaying feeds from external sources, such as reverse cameras, as well as video files that can be played on other screens, such as headrest displays
Play Music from Anywhere
Plug and play music from your iPod or iPhone, mp3 player or smartphone. If you prefer to store your music on a USB or SD card, Asteroid has you covered with the appropriate inserts so you'll never be without music on the road. You can also choose from Bluetooth and line-in options, or download music directly from the Asteroid Market.
Connect Two Mobile Phones at Once
Multipoint technology seamlessly launches and receive calls between two mobile phones. Connect both your personal and business phone, or connect you and your passenger's phone at the same time.
Easy to Use
The Asteroid Smart was designed so you can browse just as you would on your smartphone, using its capacitive touchscreen display. Installation is simple too, because the Asteroid's dimensions are standard to fit a vehicle's 2-DIN dashboard slot.
- 6.2-inch multi-touch capacitive screen
- One removable faceplate
- Bluetooth v3.0 with EDR
- Android 2.3 platform
- Apple certification: Made for iPod, iPhone, iPad
- Internet connection over: 3G/4G USB dongle, smartphone (USB and Bluetooth tethering), wi-fi
- Steering wheel control compatible
- Voice-activated music search
- Compatibility with iPod,iPhone,iPad,USB,SD card, line input
- Audio effects and parametric equalizer with seven bands, six presets, and three custom presets
- One reverse camera input
- One RCA input
- One RCA output
- Multipoint for dual phone connectivity
- Advanced voice recognition
- Call management (Answer, make, reject)
- Automatic phonebook synchronization (up to 5,000 contacts per phone, 50,000 contacts total)
- Download from Asteroid Market: Driving assistance, navigation, music on demand, points of interest
- External GPS receiver
- RAM memory: 512 MB/4Gb DDR
- Flash memory: 1 GB/8Gb NAND
- Dimensions (inches): 7 X 3.93 X 4.49
- Weight (ounces): 35.27
What's in the Box
Asteroid Smart, Asteroid GPS, mounting sleeve, USB extension, iPod/iPhone/iPad cable, ISO cable, double external microphone, and three cable ties.
If you want to channel your mobile phone audio through your car stereo speakers, you need an adaptor that will mute the stereo and switch it to receive your phone's signal.
Find a mute adapter for your car here!