The LG Optimus Black P970 is a smartphone with Android 2.2.2 (Froyo), featuring custom skinned User Interface. It also features 512MB of RAM along with 2GB of internal memory, which is expandable up to 32GB through microSD memory card. It is powered by a 1GHz processor and a PowerVR SGX530 GPU.
But, first things first – the LG Optimus Black is extremely light, weighing only 109g. The Optimus Black has one of the largest displays you will find on a smartphone that costs less than £300. Not only is its 4-inch display very large, but it also offers IPS technology! This means better viewing angles and colour reproduction over standard LCD displays. The resolution of the screen is 480×800 pixels.
There is a 5-megapixel camera with autofocus, LED flash, digital zoom, manual focus and a variety of modes, including multi-shot, macro and panorama. Photos are good with sharp edges, sharp detail and vibrant colours. In addition, the LG Optimus Black comes with the latest technology, including Wi-Fi Direct, a 2 megapixel front camera, lower mobile battery consumption and access to many applications on the Android market.
LG Optimus Black P970 features:
- Capacitive touchscreen, 480 x 800 pixels (4 inches) with auto-rotate
- Media player / Music player with support for MPEG4, DivX, XVid, WMV; FM radio
- Ringtones: AAC+, MP3, WMA, polyphonic ringtones
- 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus and LED flash
- 720p HD video recording, 2 megapixel secondary camera
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, email
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, USB, Wi-Fi, DLNA, 3.5mm audio jack
- Internet: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA (7.2 Mbps download / 5.76 Mbps upload)
- GPS receiver with Google Maps
- Memory: 1GB plus microSD memory card (up to 32GB)
- Quadband GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) plus HSPA/WCDMA (900/1700/2100 MHz)
- Size: 122 x 64 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 109g
- Battery: 1500 mAh